- Medical Chaplaincy: Serving the Needs of Victims of Sexual and Domestic Violence (2016) -RECORDED (Online, from Aug 25, 2016 11:00 AM to Aug 25, 2016 12:00 PM)
- This webinar will help you develop the specific skills and understandings that medical chaplains need to provide informed pastoral care to victims of domestic and sexual violence. Victims of violence are hospitalized to care for the physical extent of their trauma or other illness. However, medical chaplains work with patients to help them with the spiritual harm done by violence. During this webinar, Rev. Miles addresses this harm and explores the religious issues and faith questions that survivors face.
- Pastoral Care Issues: End of Life Needs of Survivors (2016) -RECORDED (Online, from Sep 15, 2016 11:00 AM to Sep 15, 2016 12:00 PM)
- As survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual abuse reach the end of their lives, many are longing to find peace, integration, and validation of their life experiences. Their stories of survival and coping may have left them struggling for many years with faith issues, such as forgiveness, suffering, and shame.
- How to Create Trauma-Informed Faith Communities 2016 (RECORDED) (Online, from Sep 22, 2016 11:00 AM to Sep 22, 2016 12:00 PM)
- Trauma-informed faith communities understand and recognize the impacts of trauma. They are healing spaces where survivors of domestic and sexual violence can form healthy, supportive, and caring relationships with their community. In this webinar, Rev. Pat Simpson, and Kristine Cunningham will discuss how to bring awareness of trauma into your faith community.