White Plum Healthy Boundaries 101 (July 2017)
Specialized Online Boundaries Course for White Plum (July 17-August 18, 2017)
Jul 17, 2017 12:00 AM
Aug 18, 2017 12:00 AM
|Registration Status||Open - Register Now!|
|Contact Name||Sarah Butler|
|Add event to calendar||
This course is created specifically for member of White Plum Asanga and is open only to those invited.
Dates: July 17- August 18, 2017
The course begins with a live session in May 8 and concludes with the last assignment due June 9. Weekly feedback between the instructor and students, along with online discussions with fellow classmates provide each student with an interactive and enriching learning environment.
Through the forum topic discussion, weekly assignments, video curriculum and lectures, you will gain and share knowledge and resources needed to understand the fundamentals and best practices around healthy and appropriate boundaries in spiritual teacher/student relationship; the impact of appropriate vs. inappropriate boundaries in promoting effective teaching; and guidelines for developing appropriate boundaries and necessary self-care strategies.
Required Curriculum (included):
- Healthy Boundaries 101 - Fundamentals Course Workbook by Rev. Marie Fortune
- Sex and the Spiritual Teacher by Scott Edelstein
As a result of this course, participants will:
- Establish an informed and ethical foundation for an understanding of healthy boundaries
- Understand the importance of an awareness of power and vulnerability within teaching relationships
- Examine dating, friendships and dual relationships and the challenges therein
- Examine transference and touch boundaries in teaching relationships
- Consider best practices of responding to misconduct by spiritual teachers
- Consider the importance of self-care and peer support as preventive measures
Participants who complete the course satisfactorily will receive a certificate of course completion.
The course consists of an initial live session during Week I and then five consecutive weeks of sessions that can be viewed on-demand self-paced, and a final writing assignment:
Week I: Live session introduction; Power, Vulnerability, and Healthy Boundaries
Week II: Dating, Friendships and Dual Relationships
Week III: Transference and Touch Boundaries
Week IV: Responding to Misconduct: Best Practices
Week V: Personal Needs and Self-Care
Fees and Registration: $300.00 Course.
To register, click on the Registration button on the right. You can select to pay by check or credit card.
Training Materials Included: The required course books will be mailed to you upon receipt of course registration fee.
If you have questions, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-634-1903.
Other Dates for Upcoming White Plum Courses in 2017: