A Sacred Trust
A "fundamentals" DVD curriculum on Boundary Issues for Clergy and Spiritual Teachers. This DVD is available as a part of the Teaching Healthy Boundaries Training Kit. It is only sold separately if you have on record previously purchased the Teaching Healthy Boundaries Kit.
Pub. Date: 2003
A Sacred Trust is a four part DVD training curriculum available as a part of the Teaching Healthy Boundaries 101 & 201 Training Kit. The goals of this fundamental boundaries program are to:
- Increase awareness of the need for healthy boundaries in the clergy-congregant or teacher-student relationship
- Provide clergy, lay leaders and teachers with guidelines for appropriate boundaries and self-care
- Illustrate strategies to sustain a safe, healthy church
- Define boundaries and why they are important
The four training segments address:
- Part 1: Boundaries, Power and Vulnerability (22 minutes)
- Part 2: Dating, Friendships, Dual Relationships, Gifts (23 minutes)
- Part 3: The Pulpit, Transference, Hugging and Touch, Intimacy (22 minutes)
- Part 4: Personal Needs and Self-Care, Red Flags, Final Reflections (22 minutes)
"Intelligently inclusive, ecumenical, interfaith, multiracial, humorous and honest. It's hard to imagine a more effective and engaging approach to a long-neglected topic in ministry circles. This should be on the required list for every religious leader."
--Robert M. Franklin, Presidential Distinguished Professor, Candler School of Theology, Emory University
"The priests in my training were impressed with the interfaith aspects of this resource. They found that they were part of a larger ministerial community than they could have ever imagined and recognized much of their own experience in the comments of the speakers from other faith communities."
--Rev. Robert J. Silva, President, National Federation of Priests' Councils
"A Sacred Trust explores boundary issues faced by all spiritual teachers. It is a thoughtful and compassionate inquiry that will well serve those who are serving others. This is a wonderful training tool."
--Joseph Goldstein, Guiding Teacher, Insight Meditation Society, Barre, MA